Transition Town Brixton is a community interest company with six directors – a limited liability company with a definite mission to benefit the community.
We have an evolving strategy, committed to supporting the projects generated by the energy and vision of our active members.
TTB Community Interest Statement
Our aims are to:
- raise awareness in the community, local businesses, local authority and other public institutions of the challenges of climate change and peak oil and their impacts
- change behaviours in the community, local businesses, local authority and other public institutions to respond to the challenges of climate change and peak oil and their impacts
- engage the whole community in responding to the challenges of climate change and peak oil by planning and pioneering a better low-energy future
- train and reskill members of the community for a more localised, hands-on, cooperative future: for example, food production, sustainable homes, local economy, energy production, healthy living, resource efficiency, remanufacture, training
- raise and generate funds and other resources to deliver these activities and to support projects and organisations that share and further the objects of the company
- pioneer new forms of community working and management such as local currencies and trading systems, horizontal decision-making, democratic resource allocation, and participative design.