TTB has got some funding from the National Lottery Community Fund (via the Tranition Network) to improve its collected visions by working with a diverse group of local communities to update and add their own. The visions will be published (online initially) in time to contribute to the Lambeth Citizens’ Assembly on the Climate in May.
We are looking for a key individual to manage our Bounce Forward Project. We have £2,400 and estimate that you would need to work 1.5-2 days a week for approximately 3 months (start and end dates to be agreed on appointment).
Transition Town Brixton has a vision document. This, or elements of it, can be used as the basis for reaching out to Lambeth communities and asking them to imagine the future in 10 years time. You will reach out to communities and invite them to submit articles, blogs, pictures, photos etc which are then collated on-line. You will curate an on-line space where these ‘imaginations’ can be shared more widely. The imaginations will be shared at the time of the Lambeth Climate Assembly, which is expected to take place from May 2021.
Camden has done a similar visioning exercise which is here
- Manage the Transition Town Brixton ‘Bounce Forward’ Project for 3 months
- Develop a team of volunteers to work with you
- Reach out to local communities and invite them to imagine the future including:
- At least 2 schools
- 8 specific Brixton communities (to be agreed with the TTB directors)
- Organise and deliver some on-line imagination/What if? workshops for individuals (we have devised an outline here and our team can help facilitate the workshops once they are organised and recruited to)
- Set up a gmail to receive submissions of writing, pictures, films etc.
- Edit and collate the material so it provides a compelling vision of the future
- Work with TTB directors to identify 6 local people to receive £100 bursaries to develop artwork, and/or do further research
- Develop an on-line platform to share the material
- Report regularly to TTB directors
- You will be a good organiser and have good time management skills
- Experience of managing and working with volunteers
- You will have good IT skills and have the technical ability to set up a website or similar space
- You will have good on-line community engagement skills and be able to create a buzz around the project
- Facilitation skills
- Editing skills
- Knowledge of local Lambeth community (and communities)
- Knowledge of Lambeth environment policies
- Contacts with schools
- Budget management
- Fundraising experience
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining why you would like the role and how you meet the criteria outlined above.
Please respond by Friday 5rd February 2021. Interviews will be held on Saturday 13th.