Transition Town Brixton is curating the very first Lambeth Local Entrepreneur Forum. At the event, you will hear from a raft of forward thinking, communitarian enterprises such as The Kitchen Table Projects, The Grain Grocer, The Library of Things, Spiral, and The Remakery, and you’ll be able to pledge your support for them.
It’ll also be a great opportunity to meet members of your local community who are also interested in making local economy work – entrepreneurs, investors, and people who want to see a better future.
Included in the ticket price is a delicious locally sourced supper, and you’ll be able to try a special local brew made by Brixton Brewery specifically for the event!
TTB’s vision is to create a new culture of Community Supported Local Economy which fosters a resilient, independent local economy that supplies the real needs of local people, builds connections, creates new local livelihoods and keeps wealth local. But for it all to work out, we need as many local community members as possible, and yes, that means you too!
PLAN FOR THE DAY
14.00 Registration and networking.
14.30 – 17.30 “How can we create a Community Supported Local Economy?” – speaker and Open Space discussion to harness the genius of the community. Facilitated by Sue Sheehan.
18.00 – 19.00 Delicious local buffet supper and networking.
19.00 Rob Hopkins, founder of the Transition movement and of the New Lion Brewery (which pitched for community support at the first ever LEF in Totnes in 2011) will speak about the power of rethinking the economy on a local level.
19.30 – 21.30 The Community of Dragons: five Transition Enterprises will pitch to everyone to receive pledges of financial and in-kind support from their community. Everyone can be an investor – not just of money, but skills and expertise, moral support, likes on Facebook, a warm meal, and even hugs.
21.30 – 23.00 More food and networking and the After Party with a very special local brew!
Book your tickets now – and get a 20% discount if you pay in Brixton Pounds!
For any more questions or enquiries please email email@example.com
If you’d like to help out with the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and also:
- book your tickets at www.LambethLEF.eventbrite.co.uk and share the link widely
- tell everyone you know, especially potential community investors (not just of money – time, expertise, moral support, contacts, space, likes on facebook, hugs!)
- share our flyers: pick them up from the pile in Hub Brixton (Town Hall) and put them up in prominent places and hand to friends. They are also available for download here
- follow us on twitter: @ttbrixton #LambethLEF
- like us on facebook: LambethLEF and invite your friends to the facebook event
- join us at our regular REconomy Green Drinks (next Tuesday 25 May, Kaff Bar, 68 Atlantic Road, SW9, 7pm on) where we will be planning and building support to make the #LambethLEF a huge success in 2015 and beyond.
- volunteer to help build the new economy and make the #LambethLEF a resounding success. We need people to help set up and decorate from 11am, steward from 1.30, help with food from 5.30, clear up 11-midnight.