Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): No such file or directory in /homepages/33/d380651905/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in /homepages/33/d380651905/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
After the success of Brixton Energy Solar 1 & 2, Repowering is proud to announce Solar 3 on the Roupell Park estate, Brixton Hill.
Brixton Energy Solar 3Â launched its share offer on June 6th with a ministerial visit from Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Ed Davey, and Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change, Greg Barker (seeÂ video of Ed and Greg’s commentsÂ ).
The solar panels, sited on the roof of four buildings on Brixtonâ€™s Roupell Park Estate, are looking to attract Â£67,000 from a range of local investors, including residents of the estate.
So pleaseÂ download the share offerÂ andÂ Â buy shares in Brixton Energy Solar 3 todayÂ (deadline July 14th – minimum Â£250 or Â£50 if an estate resident).Â BÂ£s cash or BÂ£e ‘pay-by-text’ are also accepted.
- Between June 20th and July 12th aÂ team of young people are now undertaking paid work experience placements, and assisting with the installation of the panels.
- Launch Party on the 9thÂ July from 7pm at Electric Social in Brixton!
- On July 26th, (this is a correction, moved from the 12th), the panels will be connected to the grid and will start generating clean energy and money for the local community.
How is Brixton Energy Solar 3 even better?
- We have involvedÂ young people from the estate with paid work experienceÂ from the very beginning. They have been doing everything from knocking on doors carrying out surveys, to learning about energy efficiency and how to make solar panels. With your support, they will now be installing solar panels on their estate!
- The returns on this project are even higher! We project an annual return of aroundÂ 4% (in addition to the 50% tax relief received via SEIS)Â for Brixton Energy Solar 3, as we will be using more energy onsite. That’s great for Roupell Park too, as more of the buildings will now be powered by clean renewable energy. We will also be generating more money for our uniqueÂ Community Energy Efficiency Fund.
- More clean electricity! The combined array for Brixton Energy Solar 3 will haveÂ 52.5kW installed capacityÂ and is expected to save approximately 22 tonnes of CO2Â every year.
- Even more people can now get involved and take ownership of renewable energy. To support this, we have reduced theÂ minimum investment to Â£50 for residentsÂ of the Roupell Park estate.
- It’s now even easier and quicker to purchase your shares! Just go toÂ http://www.repowering.org.uk/projects/roupell-park, fill out your details and you’re done.
More background information is available in Brixton Energy Solar 3 Press Release.