Locally sourced food locally sold! The new weekly food market in Crystal Palace – Jake of the Remakery and Transition Crystal Palace has asked us to let you know about this wonderful Transition Town initiative.
Launch Saturday May 11th and every following Saturday 10 am – 3pm
Just off The Triangle Bottom of Haynes Lane SE19 3AP (click here for map and details of how to get there).
We are very excited about the food market! The intention is to provide locally sourced quality food at affordable prices. Somewhere you can do your weekend shop and pick up a few treats along the way.
Some fantastic stallholders have now been confirmed:
- Traditionally farmed meat and freshly made burgers from www.jacobsladderfarms.co.uk ;
- Seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables from Kent – picked on Friday, sold on Saturday by Perry Court Farm www.agbrockman.co.uk ;
- Apples, mushrooms and orchard eggs from Kent’s Brambletye Farm;
- Brixton’s bakery www.breadbread.co.uk are partnering up with www.brockwell-bake.org.uk to provide hearty breads.
And for treats and lunch:
- Felix and Pi Catering, www.felixandpi.com, with home cooked food from their local allotment;
- savoury assortments and tarts from Palace couple Gus and Gabriella;
- Â gluten free goodies from local Mel Whitlock;
And rotating stallholders including :
- Church Road’s very own Andrea with Comfort and Joy’s delights;
- New local business Brett and Bailey, www.brettandbailey.co.uk, for delicious baked goods;
- cakes galore from Sophie England;
- Cookie & Biscuit;
- The Tartellettes, www.thetartelettes.co.uk.
Plus British sourced flowers from local florist http://catherinerubaine.blogspot.co.uk