Are you inspired by meeting other people in the local community and coming up with our own solutions for a better future for the area?
Do you have experience of running events?
Our groups have been working hard over the last 5 years to grow food locally, produce renewable energy from solar panels and build a strong local economy through our very own local currency, the Brixton Pound.
We need creative dynamic self-starters to join us and coordinate some amazing events in 2013.
Our new volunteer events team will play a critical role in the Transition Town Brixton mission by raising local awareness of environmental and community issues. They will organise events where people will feel inspired, connect, share ideas andÂ take action together.
The team, made up of experienced events co-ordinators and events assistants, will work with the existing TTB groups to design and implement a program of evening films nights, talks and workshops over 2013 including two major Transition Town Brixton day-long events.
We can handover ideas and useful contacts, but ultimately we are looking for self-starters who want to own and manage the program.
If you are interested in applying, please read the role descriptions below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us
- Why you think you’d be a good fit for this role
- How much time you can commit to helping out
- Your favourite sustainability film and why
- What local environmental issues are really important to you
We will invite shortlisted applicants to meet us at our next shared space event to talk more.
TTB Events Managers (ideally we will recruit two people to cover this)
- Has a passion for & knowledge of environmental issues and local solutions
- Has experience of working with local communities
- Has experience of running events
Will have overall responsibility for:
- Working collaboratively with existing TTB groups and local partners to design a program of events and workshops throughout 2013
- Work with the TTB communications team to get high attendance at events
- Project manage the logistics of each event including materials and stewarding
- Work with the rest of TTB to ensure we ‘nurture’ people who are interested in getting more involved in TTB
TTB Events Assistants (ideally we will recruit several)
- Has a passion for sustainability issues and local solutions
- Wants to develop events experience
Will have responsibility for:
- Helping develop & publicise the events program
- Attending events to meet and greet guests