(Note, this is no longer available, but may be in the future. It is being left here as a post for reference.)
FUNDRAISER â€“ JOB DESCRIPTION – There is funding for this to be a paid part-time post.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To develop, implement and manage effective fundraising initiatives and activities to generate income to meet TTBâ€™s operational and project funding requirements.
OTHER WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: TTB Board of Directors/Working Group Convenors
External: A wide range of contacts in businesses, statutory and charitable funding bodies, existing and potential donors
1. Develop and implement TTB’s fundraising strategy and annual work programme with clearly agreed priorities and targets. Fundraising targets to be agreed annually and reviewed quarterly in the light of annual operating and project budget requirements.
2. Compile and regularly review a detailed information base of prioritised funding and project requirements coupled to ongoing research of funding opportunities across a range of funding sectors.
3. In conjunction with the TTB Board of Directors/Working Group Convenors, devise funding proposals targeting a range of funding sectors aiming to secure financial support for TTB and itts projects. As part of this process, research new sources of funding, compiling information bases, analysing funding criteria and maximising opportunities to package TTBâ€™s funding requirements into attractive and successful proposals.
4. Through carefully and imaginatively devised funding proposals, build on TTBâ€™s existing fundraising success through the targeting and development of the following key funding sectors:
- Major national and regional grant giving bodies and schemes such as Lottery Funds, Statutory Bodies, European Funds and special development funds
- Corporate members and sponsors
- Grant-giving charitable trusts
- Landfill communities fund, aggregates levy sustainability fund and other similar initiatives as they emerge
- Potential â€˜big giftâ€™ donors
- Appeals to members and supporters
- Fundraising schemes
5. Research and develop strong relationships and build networks with a wide range of individuals and organisational contacts to ensure ongoing support to fulfil TTB’s Strategic objectives and maximise funding eligibility.
6. Ensure and coordinate the fulfilment of funding obligations and, with the input and support of the TTB Board of Directors/Working Group Convenors, ensure all necessary submissions, reports, financial claims, PR and publicity requirements, acknowledgements and other agreed requirements are delivered upon to excellent standards and within deadlines.
7. Devise and implement strategies for attracting new members, supporters and donors, and retaining existing ones.
8. Compile fundraising reports to TTB Board of Directors’/Working Group Convenors’ meetings as required.
9. Undertake other ad hoc duties and tasks as agreed with/requested by the Chair, Treasurer.
Please contact acting Treasurer Stephen with relevant information (or questions)