Tuesday, 21st June, 3.00-8.30Â Transition Town Centre,Â 6-8 Robsart St, SW9 0DJ, near The Jamm in Stockwell Rd (map)
- 3.00-5.30:Â Project admin workÂ - including building the green spaces map
- 5.30:Â FoodÂ â€“ bring something to share if possible (not essential)
- 6.30:Â Skill share -Â How to use Twitter and FacebookÂ to promote our work
- 7.00-8.30:Â MeetingÂ with project updates and planning
Project admin work: 3.00-5.30
We agreed at the last meeting to have an afternoon working on projects. This will also give the opportunity for people to drop by who canâ€™t make the meeting in the evening.
This time we will be adding and entering community garden information on our online map of Brixton green spaces. We also want to design a paper version of the information. This will be a very useful map to point people to when they ask how to get involved in gardening and where their nearest garden is. The afternoon will also be an opportunity to find out how to make your own Google map. This is not at all complicated and can be done by a complete beginner.
Depending who comes, there are other projects needing input, such as working out Zero Waste Kitchen guidelines for the Robsart St Centre. We will also have our current task and ideas lists available for inspiration. Just drop in or RSVP for more details closer to the day.
Meeting topics: 7.00-8.30
- Brief project updates – hear what’s going on and see how to get involved, including:
- BLIP (Bringing Land into Production) projects at Brixton Water Lane, Age UK and Slade Gardens
- Bee Keeping
- Brixton Reuse Centre, compost and materials
- TTB central activities review – what admin tasks are needed and discussing how to share the work
- Events kit design – design an event kit so that anyone can take it to represent TTBFoodies at events and review upcoming events:
- Visit from South African â€˜SEEDâ€™organizer (Schoolâ€™s Environmental Education Development:Â http://www.seed.org.za), afternoon 4th July
- TTB Our Space evening, 4th July
- Lambeth Country Show, 16/17th July
- Urban Green Fair, 5th Sept
- BLIP practical brainstorming â€“ Future plots? Supporting others bringing land into production by providing materials such as compost and wood for raised beds?
Please also bring the following:
- Food! If you have time, but if not, donâ€™t worry, a donation will do instead
- Unwanted seeds, plants and gardening equipment, such as plant pots, string or poles. Someone may want them on Tuesday or we can find homes for them via our equipment freecycling events.
- Broken tools. We take them to Wandsworth Prison, where they are repaired by prisoners.
- Plastic bottles for building the greenhouse at the Oasis Adventure Playground Edible Garden – clear ones only (any colour, any size), not opaque milk-bottle type ones.
Previous meeting notes are here:Â http://www.transitiontownbrixton.org/2009/12/minutes-mind-maps/
We’re planning to have a regular meeting every second Tuesday of the month.