We are working on a strategy for the Incredible Edible Lambeth umbrella group and I put together this list of resources. I’m posting it here so we have it handy and for anyone else interested. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any materials without a link.
Lambeth strategy and ‘Can Lambeth Feed Itself?’
- Lambeth Food Strategy â€“ report and presentation from Sophie Neuberg: sent out by Sue Sheehan
- Articles on â€˜Can Britain Feed Itselfâ€™ etc. Also there was an event with a panel discussion on â€˜Can Lambeth Feed Itselfâ€™ at the South London Botanical Institute last year â€“ I think we have a couple of the presentations.
Transition Town Brixton general and Food and Growing Group strategy
- Transition Town Brixton draft strategy â€“ current yearâ€™s strategy is in an appendix (Annex 4), previous yearâ€™s strategy is the body of the document :https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AStdmJz4-kEfZGh0dm5rNF80ZGZ6NHpjaGY&hl=en
- TTB Food and Growing group vision:Â http://www.transitiontownbrixton.org/2009/12/mission-vision-edap/
- TTB Food and Growing group strategy â€“ some detail for a Working Group Forum meeting:Â http://www.transitiontownbrixton.org/2009/12/minutes-mind-maps/ (Strategy and Questions for Working Group Forum 27/7/10)
- TTB Food and Growing group visioning results: around 250 people involved in 3 public events in 2009:http://www.transitiontownbrixton.org/2009/12/future-of-food-open-space/
London and UK government strategy and reports
- Report giving stats for agricultural land use in and around London and is a useful recent report. It is from the London Assembly Housing and Planning Committee: â€˜Cultivating the Capital:Â Food Growing and the Planning System in Londonâ€™, January 2010.It is also available here:http://www.london.gov.uk/who-runs-london/the-london-assembly/publications/housing-planning/cultivating-capital-food-growing-and-planning-system-london Direct link to pdf:Â http://www.london.gov.uk/archive/assembly/reports/plansd/growing-food.pdf
Quote: â€˜The worldâ€™s only Professor of Food Policy told the Committee â€œwe are sleepwalking into a major problem when it comes to foodâ€.
- Defra report: â€˜Food 2030â€™ and related publications:Â http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/food/strategy/index.htm
- London Borough Food Policies â€“ this is out of date, but has some useful notes on the different approaches â€“ â€˜food system, population and thematicâ€™ :http://www.sustainweb.org/page.php?id=357
- â€˜How Londonâ€™s planners can improve access to healthy and affordable foodâ€™ â€“ (2004? But useful guidance and good quotes)http://www.sustainweb.org/pdf/lfl_planning_guidance.pdf
Health benefits of climate change policies
- Report showing the health benefits of climate change behavior change â€“ may be useful for reference: â€˜The Health Benefits of Tackling Climate Changeâ€™ â€“ The Lancet: http://download.thelancet.com/flatcontentassets/series/health-and-climate-change.pdf
- More on health benefits: â€˜The health co-benefits of climate change policies: doctors have a responsibility to future generations.â€™ Roberts I. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19634380