Remade in Brixton meeting
Notes 8 July 2009 (7pm)
Present: Hannah Lewis, Olga Martinez, Christian Nold, Stephen Edwards, Olivia Christophersen, Sophie Broadbent, Daniela Boraschi
NTD TV documentaries
Olga Martinez â€“ interested in making programmes on environmental issues, including green fashion, for New Tang Dynasty Television.
Suggestions: Chris â€“ chairs made out of playstations; Clara â€“ local, eco-textiles; pilot sustainability market one Sunday in Electric Avenue in October; potential project reusing cooking oil eg Uptown Oil; Aardvark composting; Clapham printworks project training 14-16 year old girls in reused textiles; Felixâ€™s vox pop idea.
Olga can also help TTB with website/filming etc.
Lambeth Country Show
Better Neighbourhoods Tent (Sue Sheehan, Lambeth Council + TTB): Limited space for flyers. Programme of demonstrations. Could make bunting out of eg plastic bags/with childrenâ€™s writing/input, on site? Sophie has sewing machine, fabric and means of making bunting. Olga could help make bunting Workshops run by Stephen?
TRAID, Velo-re (bike tyre belts), TTB Textiles Reskilling, Bridget (student working 2 days a week for Remade in Brixton) will run activities eg Tetrapak wallets. Could collect Tetrapaks from local cafes?
Recycling Tent, Council Waste Department, in â€˜reuse areaâ€™. Badge machine â€“ preferably with positive, Remade-in-Brixton-related slogans. Need old magazines/fabrics. Stephen has spare magazines, also some spare in Town Hall reception? Could use material from local area eg out of date Ritzy leaflets
- Action: Stephen to write plan for workshop by Monday for Hannah to circulate
- Action: Hannah to set up doodle to co-ordinate volunteers for 2 stalls. (Olga can help on Sunday)
- Action: Hannah, Sophie and Olga to liaise about organising bunting
- Action: Hannah to find out whether electricity available. If not, liaise with Christian about bringing car battery + inverter
- Action: Hannah to organise sign-up sheet and bring leaflets from Green communities event, possibly redesigned with larger/less writing and more information on getting involved eg advertising next meeting
- Action: Hannah to send original leaflet to Stephen to amend text
Bonnie wants to create monument to oil. Has been talking to local school about collecting waste items to be used.
- Action: Hannah to e-mail Bonnie, ccâ€™ing Stephen and Felix
Community space/shop in/near market. Local identity. Use of empty space. Business Desk â€“ business growth and enterprise department â€“ one-stop shop for enterprises, compiling directory of empty spaces. Similar to â€˜Usefulness Centreâ€™ concept â€“ reusing materials and reskilling people.
Getting legal status so we can start applying for funding.
- Action: Bridget to help write funding applications.
e-group to encourage more dialogue and action between meetings?
More formal committee??
Hannah to forward e-mails to core group for comment? (i.e. people whoâ€™ve attended meetings in the last 4-5 months)
- Action: Hannah to set up e-group and invite people whoâ€™ve attended meetings
Longer term actions:
- Daniela to design logo? (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Redesign leaflet
- T-shirt printing workshop? Maybe for Urban Green Fair or market stall rather than Country Show?
- Christian and Daniela could do half-day workshop for TTB sharing skills on designing leaflets from September. Hannah to e-mail Adam, Duncan and Christian to co-ordinate this.