[Note: This content has been moved from our old website. The author displayed is the person moving it, not the original author. Click here for details.]
Stand in the Library Foyer
What it could contain
Please add ideas (click edit, rtn, then type, sign and save)
Large floor standing exhibition stand in main Library foyer
- Jody’s graphics
- Statement of Aims (as on the leaflet)
- Brief outline of history and current state of TTs (200 communities thinking about it)
- Briefing on Climate Change and Peak Oil (use Funny Weather pages and Powerswitch briefing)
- Outline of the process perhaps using the 12 steps ie groups, visioning, practical projects, using Open Space meetings etc
- Brief summary of achievements so far
- Some quotes from vision exercises, photos of brainstorms, meetings
- list of groups(mindmap)with clear link and contact details, ideally next meetings.
- information on Projects. Materials on urban food growing offered from UCL Sustainable Development Department
- Map of Brixton with opportunity for people to locate their initiative, wish, organisation with numbered dots they stick on it and add comment in book.
- Sign up sheet
- Wish list for a better low energy future for people to contribute to.
- screen showing rolling chapters of THE POWER OF COMMUNITY
Exhibition space in Reference Library foyer
- Some of the reference material perhaps open with important text highlighted
- Some reference material for browsing
- Some quotes printed out.
- Some impressive facts
- Books and leaflets on Climate Change and Peak Oil
- Briefing sheets on Climate Change and Peak Oil
- Informative briefing pamphlets from FOE, WWF, Greenpeace and other NGOs on
- Lambeth info eg Householder’s Guide to Renewables.
- Government and GLA leaflets
- How to cut your carbon/energy use information
- Sustainability books
- Urban food growing books
- Local green directory
For ideas visit www.permaculture.co.uk
TTLewes is organising a Recycle your Read project to circulate TT relevant books through the local community.
They have an excellent recommended reading list pamplet: Let’s have one for Brixton starting here