[Note: This content has been moved from our old website. The author displayed is the person moving it, not the original author. Click here for details.]
The vision for the future:
- In communication terms this depends on what the other working groups are doing â€“ the content
- Communication will be shaped by technology
But vision harder to discuss in this group, so decided to spend more time looking at the next 6 months.
The next 6 months:
- Street stalls
- Public meetings
- Leafleting â€“ does door-to-door work?
- Film showings
- Group discussions
- Regular press coverage â€“ develop good press relationships
- 8th December: Climate Change Demo
- Tailoring communications to different demographics
- Develop links with community groups, inc faith groups
- Important to empower people and listen to them
- Talk about things that interest people
- Simple and clear messages, but not tokenism
- TTâ€™s are about engaging people not just giving messages
ie Friends of the Earth: spreading ideas through friends of friends of friends, and taking opportunities from this.
- Use the LVAC website to outreach to local groups
- Discussed who could do talks â€“ established the need for some training around key messages and to put together a core presentation
- Making links with the college (Toni)
- Reaching the â€˜hard to reach.â€™
- Find out how other TTâ€™s communicate and what is effective
- Define what are the main messages for TTB: Transition is inevitable and is benefitial/ worth getting involved with.
- We should have particular issues to campaign on.
- Use Facebook
- 8th December: can be a celebration of what we are doing, with a banner with our messages on.
- Website in full working order
- Opportunity for a stand in the library Foyer
Next achievable steps:
- Hold public meeting event with Phil Thornhill:
Chris to co-ordinate publicity, with volunteers to support
Duncan to make meeting booking arranged for Monday 12 Nov, meeting room not arranged yet
- Carry out demographic research on local area
Chessey and John to lead
- Look into what other TTâ€™s are doing in terms of communication
Abbie to lead
- Develop links with local press
Chessey to make a list of local contacts
Put together press release for
- Arrange a meeting to create a banner for demo etc
John to lead
- Design canvass shopping bag for Brixton Market
- Send the group research on this done in Peckham
Chessey to send
- Put together a basic presentation for outreach
Duncan and Lisa to lead
- Start planning some market research about the baseline knowledge of people in Brixton about energy/climate issues, inc where they get their information.
Rocio to lead